Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Mom & Sister


"Today and pretty much every day I am so grateful for my mom and my sister. I think I talk to them almost every day and they are such a great support system for me. I feel they are always giving and serving!

This week I drove them to the Huntsman Center for a check up for my mom's melanoma that was on her face. Everything is looking great and healing well. Good news! We stopped and shopped at Tai Pan and had lunch and I just enjoyed the conversation and company and it took my mind off other things.

Then, as always, they began serving me. I can never get ahead. As soon as I take some time to drive them or do some small thing, they repay me a hundred times more. I had a backyard FULL of leaves that Matti and I had been working at for hours and still had a ton left. My sister got raking them back into piles (Matti had done it but a breeze had blown them around), and even my mom holding the leaf bags, helped me to get a majority of them finished. What a great example they are to me of service to family. I hope that I can be the kind of mom and sister that they are to me and also that my girls will learn from their Aunt Shan's example how to serve their sisters. I hope that someday I will be in the position of GIVING. I don't have much money or time to give to them. I hope that turns around SOON but for today I am soooo grateful for the service which comes my way. Love you mom and Shan!"-
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment